Sapling - Jam Version
Made for the Go Godot Jam 2021: GROWTH
Sprout your sapling and race to the sunlight with what little energy you can gather. How fast can you reach the tree tops.
- Left/Right Mouse Click & drag to aim your sapling's stem and branches
- Release LMB/RMB to grow stem or branch
- [R] to restart level
- Escape the tree canopy to reach the sun
- Use energy to grow sapling
- Stems gain you height and allow two (2) branches to be grown
- Branches spawn leaves based on their length
- Collect sunlight as it spawns using your leaves
- Sunlight spawns throughout the level constantly but spawns slow down over time
- Longer stems and branch segments are more expensive to grow
- Stems are restricted to an upward trajectory
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, HTML5|
|Made with||Godot, Adobe Photoshop|
|Tags||My First Game Jam, Pixel Art, Short, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Sapling_desktop_macos.dmg 39 MB
Sapling_desktop_win.zip 23 MB
- Update in the worksSep 19, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I like the game and all, but holly cow that last level, i was stuck like 30 min or so, even so pretty enjoyable
This is a great game! The music is so hypnotizing and soothing, and the pixelart making up the forest background is incredibly beautiful. It was fun learning how exactly to work the stem/branch growing. Great idea and implementation!
This is very good :)
Maybe a view of the entire sapling once the end of the level is reached could be a nice addition.
Such a great idea, will definitely go on the future updates board ^_^
The idea is so clever and the gameplay is yet very enjoyable. Cute game indeed, my favorite game of the jam so far ! :D
Thanks for playing! Glad you liked it, we had a ton of fun putting it together. :)
Very charming game! Love it.
:) :) :)
This game is absolutely amazing, its so well polished and it has an super interesting idea! thanks for making this awesome game! :
Thanks for playing and the lovely words, it's much appreciated.
No problem :D